Keystone Client Portfolios Don’t
Always Look Like Everyone Else’s
It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Markets will go up and down. Our job is to eliminate the near-term
“noise” and focus on long-term repeatable results.
Our portfolios are globally diversified, have healthy allocations to alternative investments, and minimize investment fees when possible. Our approach puts every aspect of your financial life at the forefront of your portfolio—your risk tolerance, liquidity needs, tax opportunities, and long-term goals.
With those objectives, we leverage decades of academic research to optimize returns and control risk within the portfolio.
What Makes Us Different?
Here are some of the basics:
hover or click below to learn more
Studies show average investor returns significantly trail market indexes for a variety of reasons. The average investor in equity mutual funds underperformed the S&P 500 by 5.9% annualized over the last 30 years. Cumulatively, this is a lot of lost returns. This data comes from the 2019 Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior report by DALBAR, the leading independent, unbiased investment performance rating firm, and it covers the 20-year period ending December 31, 2018.
[Source: Dalbar: Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior 2019, New York Times]
- Alternative Investment Program
- Tax Strategy
- Asset Allocation Decisions
- Systematic Asset Rebalancing
- Behavioral Finance Coaching
- Proactive tax planning to enhance after-tax portfolio returns.
- Portfolio tax strategy coordinated with overall financial plan.
Systematic Asset Rebalancing
- Regular portfolio rebalancing can add return to a portfolio and reduce risk.
- Ensure a portfolio’s asset allocation stays within its desired risk tolerance.
- Sells assets that have appreciated and buys assets that have depreciated.
- Discipline is required as the best times to rebalance are when it is most psychologically difficult.
Behavioral Finance Coaching
- Behavioral finance shows investors do not always make rational decisions and can be influenced by different biases.
- Investing can be emotional, and it’s our job to maintain the long-term course.
- We intervene when natural investor behavior could have a negative impact on portfolio returns.
Asset Allocation Decisions
- Capital deployment strategy across different asset classes and investments.
- Asset allocation is the most important portfolio management decision.
- It provides for portfolio diversification and risk reduction.
- We take into account research such as, but not limited to, Nobel prize-winning economic research from Harry Markowitz (Modern Portfolio Theory), William Sharp (Capital Asset Pricing Model – CAPM), as well as best practices from the endowment model which includes alternative asset classes.
Alternative Investment Program
- Provide uncorrelated returns to make a more efficient portfolio.
- Improve portfolio returns and reduce portfolio volatility.
- Invest in a custom, diversified, and managed portfolio of private investments.
- Includes Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Crypto, Venture, others.
- Access institutional grade investments.
- Invest like a family office or endowment.
Interested in learning more?
Our role is to structure your portfolio to meet your financial goals. Our investment philosophy is rooted in decades of academic research, not speculation and emotions. As your partner, we will help you navigate the markets and keep you focused on what really matters.
Ready to Get Started?